Coronavirus latest: Donald Trump slams WHO testing advice as US death toll rises over 100 | World | News

US President Donald Trump attended another press conference adressing the issue of the coronavirus pandemic on Monday. The conference took place as number of deaths in the United States reached 100. Cases of the coronavirus has now spread to all fifty states.

Now, according to a journalist who attended the conference, Trump has took a swipe at the World Health Organization and their methods of testing for Covid-19.

Trump reportedly ended the sombre conference by saying no offer was made to the US to have the WHO certified test.

He called it a “bad test” and claimed any reports of the WHO offering the US their test is “fake news”.

Meanwhile, US companies have been stepping in as private testing is on the rise.

At a press briefing in the White House on Tuesday, assistant health secretary Brett Giroir said government diagnostic laboratories carried out 31,878 tests and private labs another 27,000 or so.

Girior said Some 8,000 of those tests involving commercial labs were recorded in the previous 24 hours.

Giroir praised the Trump administration claiming that laboratories were “blossoming”.

He added: “This is going on the way we expected.”

JUST IN: Coronavirus WAR: China imposes MAJOR US ban as tensions boil over

Meanwhile, tensions between the US and China have been mounting as the pandemic worsens.

China escalated the coronavirus blame war by placing restrictive measures on several top media companies from the US.

This includes The New York Times, The Washington Post and The Wall Street Journal.

The Trump administration has hit back at Chinese officials after they released a statement claiming the move was a retaliation to the Trump administration.

The statement claimed the new restrictions on US reporters were a reaction against the Trump administration for putting caps on the number of journalists from five Chinese state-run media outlets working in the United States last month.

The National Security Council tweeted: “The Chinese Communist Party’s decision to expel journalists from China and Hong Kong is yet another step toward depriving the Chinese people and the world of access to true information about China.”

A spokesperson from China’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs accused the US of “purposely making things difficult” for Chinese reporters.

The official accused the US of subjecting them to “growing discrimination and politically-motivated oppression.”

In response, China now has been demanding written information about journalists and their bosses at the China-based branches of Voice of America, The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, The Washington Post and Time magazine.

Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said: “The individuals that we identified a few weeks back were not media that were acting here freely.

“They were part of Chinese propaganda outlets. We’ve identified these as foreign missions under American law.

“These aren’t apples to apples, and I regret China’s decision today to further foreclose the world’s ability to conduct free press operations.”

Source: http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/daily-express-world-news/~3/lp9vpKbUzWU/Coronavirus-news-Donald-Trump-World-Health-Organization-testing-advice-US-death-toll

Leave a Reply